4/25/11

I Just Have to Share ...

Just days before this show I was out with a few girlfriends and half of brunch was spent with three of us trying to convince the fourth of the merits of Prince. She says she Likes Purple Rain but everything else about him is annoying.....

Blasphemy I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prince puts on the best show you will see in your life. And you don't have to be a huge fan: you know enough of his music, he has a big enough presence in pop culture that anyone can have a connection

This is the third time I've seen this man live, and I really could go to every other performance he is doing here and not get tired of it. Prince is a true performer. He does not disappoint at all.

I was a little worried because of the no cussing, no dirty stuff mind set he is in since becoming a JW.... plus the Forum isn't known for its acoustics... but the sound was great and Prince still performs enough of his hits to satisfy. Kiss, I Would Die 4 U, Break It Down, A Hole in Your Head, Cream and many more are still on his play list.

He's been at this for over 30 years and he still shows up with the same exuberance we saw in Purple Rain (the movie). I have been literally laughing at the youngsters across town at Staples who went to see Little Wayne and the Young Money crew. I know they can't possibly hold a candle to Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment

xxxxx